I have just spent the last hour and a half quickly perusing over the 1,000 + page document that is the Healthcare Reform bill submitted before the House of Representatives this past 14 July 2009.
All I can say is...what a bureaucratic migraine it is going to cause many, many people! It appears as if this bill has been in the works for years, or if not, than lawmakers divided up the hundreds of sections and subsections among various committees, agencies, and organizations to write up their portions and then compile it all into one massive research project to be "turned in."
After working as a special education teacher in the public school system and having worked through the massive revisions and changes mandated to the school systems nationwide as charged by the NCLB Act by congress back in the early 2000s, I must say that NCLB is a cakewalk when compared to what doctors and nurses and all medical practitioners are going to be facing in the next decade after this health care reform bill (HR 3200) or AAHC Act is passed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment