Last night, on March 21st, 2010, the U.S. House of Representatives narrowly passed the latest Health Care Reform legislation. I have never been more concerned about the future of my country than I am right now...it's even more scary than during the Cold War.
I did all I could to make my voice heard by my elected representatives in the House and Senate.
Here is a copy of the text that I wrote to one of my Senators- Kay Hagan (D-NC), Wednesday last week.
"As one of your constituents, I am VERY CONCERNED about the health care reform bill that President Obama is urging Congress to pass ASAP. I know reforms are needed, but the massive bills put forward by the President and those who are advocating such an expansion of health care coverage for so many people...I just don't know how WE CAN AFFORD IT!!!!!! As a former teacher (now stay-at-home mom) and the wife of a 2nd year teacher in Forsyth Co., NC, we have already been hurt by the results of a "government-subsidized" health care plan through the State Health Care plan that we currently have. Due to budget shortfalls in OUR STATE, our choices and coverages have been cut and are continuing to be cut with each ensuing year! With a "federally run system," I know we will be heading down the same path, with even greater problems than what we're already experiencing in NC! To finance such coverage, there HAS TO BE AN INCREASE IN REVENUE to fund the State Health Plan... perhaps an increase in taxes???? My husband and I are already strapped! And we're looking at no salary increases and maybe even more furloughs! Please vote "NO" on a bill that AMERICA CAN'T AFFORD (and that will eventually take away our right to choose!) If you oppose this bill and vote "NO," I'll continue to stand behind you and support your efforts to be re-elected, when that time comes. If not, then I'll actively seek for another candidate, from whatever party, that is committed to fisically responsible legislation and reforms in our national government. Thank you for your attention, and I thank you for your service."
I have yet to hear back from Senator Hagan. I don't expect that she ever will...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment